Monday, February 7, 2011

Quilts, Needlepoint, and Gratitude


Thanks are in order for artist Tracy Suzanne Marvel of the blog: The Window of My Life for being instrumental in my partnership with The Bigfork Bay Cotton Company who created quilt patterns from five of my designs that came on line this past fall.  The pattern "Three Wise Guys" has been my top seller.  Batiks.com had a nice review in a recent blog.  The writer said about the above pattern: "The last one is called Three Wise Guys and it just might be my fav. The center guy is the leader. The one on the left is the instigator and the one on the right is the happy follower."   Visit all these friends at the links provided.


Another development of late has been my partnership with Kathleen of Mason Enterprises which operates on eBay as kathysspareroom selling needlepoint patterns made from the designs of selected artists.  I'm so excited by the response we've received!  A recent design of mine that she sold under the name "Morning Joy" is a vibrant floral.   Take some time to check out what she is selling.  Also don't forget that I sell original art on eBay as jblakeart. Click on the "Listings" link in the left column of the "My World" page on eBay.  Be sure to check out my feedback too.  I would love for you to visit.

One of the wonderful things about creating art is who you meet along the way.  Fellow artists and business owners with a love for the creative world, joined by those that welcome our handiwork into their homes make up a vibrant community.  Painting has been such a blessing in my life. I'm reminded of a quote I read recently in The Painter's Keys: "I am filled with gratitude for the ability to live the artist's life. In my studio. Being an artist. Everyday." (Mickie Acierno)

While thinking on such matters I would be remiss to not thank my wife, mom, and dad.  My parents gave me a love for the art of the American Southwest and then as I showed interest in painting, sent that chubby little kid to art lessons.  My wife has stuck by me through all the crazy pursuits of life--of which art has always been a major part.  Anybody who pursues the making of art knows what a dicey proposition it is.  Thanks Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment